Noel Peebles:
"What you choose to focus your mind on is critical because you will become what you think about most of the time."
--------
I'm busy. I mean really busy! Like most working mother's in America, I don't just work a 40h/wk job but care for, clean up, cook for, shop for, worry over, transport and cheer on the kids and husband and dog. I love to be a part of every church committee, and professional organization. I lead and I follow, but I almost always have to join.
I love to be busy. Makes me feel productive and necessary, I guess. But sometimes the need to be helpful, takes away my ability to say "no". Anyone else have this affliction?
If Mr. Peebles is correct, then I must be a bit of a mess. Because most of the time, I'm thinking about where I need to go next. Alittle bit of this and alittle bit of that.
I guess "Focus" is what is diverted in my life. I've been to plenty of workshops or seminars that speak finding what's important and driving your energy in that direction. So I know the principles, but not the courage to cut out the less imperatives in my life.
Publilius Syrus was a Latin writer from the 1st century. What's interesting about his following quote is that being pulled in several different directions (stress, if you will) is nothing new to our day and age:
Publilius Syrus: "To do two things at once is to do neither."
A saying I am going to try to remember. Now ... what to choose and what to lose?
1 comment:
Moose Mom, you said it all for working mothers everywhere
Post a Comment